Press > Release
Wotja 23: Generative Music System
Jan 1st 2023, UK: Intermorphic Ltd announces Wotja 23, the latest major version of this powerful & free Generative Music System for iOS®, iPadOS®, macOS®, tvOS®, Windows®, Android®, Fire OS® and watchOS®.
Use Wotja ( "watch-ah" [alt "wot-yah"; Siri "woa-chah"]) to CREATE beautiful ambient music, MIDI, text & ideas, to EXPERIMENT, or to RELAX with 1-tap 'flows'. It’s also an AU3/VST Host App/Plug-in. Go 'Pro' to do the max.
Wotja 23 for 2023
Major new additions include a WAE Sampler Player Unit, mix-embedding of audio files, 2/4-pole Filter options, LFO Euclidian, more included Templates & content, Schemas, reworked UI and a new one-off purchase Wotja 23 'Pro' Unlock that finally allows Wotja 23 to be a single free app bundle per OS platform.
The top level list of new features, capabilities and improvements at time of release includes:
- WAE Sample Player Unit: New modulatable & polyphonic Tone Generator (TG) unit that plays Ogg and (generative) Template file data (Templates are "cooked" in memory to audio before use); it has support for (MIDI & Controller) pitch shifting, direction reverse and several loop/play modes as well as an optional built-in envelope.
- WAE Filter Unit: New 2-pole and 4-pole Filter Types.
- WAE LFO Unit: New Euclidian LFO Type: Euclidian for modulation with euclidian patterns.
- WAE R2XL FX Unit: 10 new 'go to' ABC Reverb Presets (also included as ABC Reverb FX Presets).
- Mix files: Sample Player source data (loaded via the WAE Sample Player Unit) can be saved to the mix file for sharing of completely self contained and unique-sounding mixes.
- Schemas (formerly called Randomization Presets): Now edited in the Schema Editor, accessed from Schemas screen > Schema Actions Button.
- Documents Screen: Schemas screen where non-included Schemas have thumbnails generated from colours in the Schema.
- Documents Screen: New Recordings Screen to make it easy to find/play your Wotja folder (saved) recordings.
- Documents Screen: New List view and faster loading of mix files.
- Add File: You can now edit the file name before saving a newly created file.
- Music Mode: Much improved and simplified Cell layout with badges and thumbnails, Track Mute/Solo highlighting, and new options to display a specific column in the Grid button menu.
- Music Mode: New "One Tap Trigger" Track Play Type for quick/easy playing of a cell and live performance.
- Music Mode: Template browser now supports Cell referencing of Audio (WAV, Ogg) and MIDI files directly from the Wotja Folder (they no longer have to be in Paks [zip files]).
- Recording: New auto and manual Ogg encoding (export a .WAV file to an .Ogg file for use in WAE Sample Player Unit).
- Included SF2: New "UK Woodland Birds" with many awesome samples for use in the WAE Wavetable unit.
- Included Templates: New "WJ23 Drones", "WJ23 Basses", "WJ23 Classic Polysynth", "WJ23 Environments" and "Sample Player Resources" Paks which include many awesome Templates and Ogg samples.
- Schemas: Two new settings Environment Cells and Drone Cells settings to control how many Cells are populated with the related Templates.
- Included Schemas: New "Environments 1" and "Drones 2" (subject to change).
- Filetype extensions: Changed to be
.wotja_sy(Synth Preset) and
- "V23 Play me!" mix: Shows some of the new templates and capabilities in action.
- Rationalised App Range: We've moved to just one Wotja 23 App (Bundle) per year per OS platform; for those that want it, a new 'Pro' Unlock option is the functional equivalent of getting a paid-for Pro variant in previous years.
Tim Cole & Pete Cole, the Intermorphic founders and brother team said “We've put a huge amount of work into the new features and capabilities we've added to Wotja 23, allowing it to create results simply not possible in Wotja 22. Wotja 23 also includes a new one-off Wotja 23 'Pro' Unlock purchase for each OS platform, a permanent unlock that allows us to simplify matters and release just one Wotja 23 app bundle per OS platform. What else can we say other than we hope you enjoy it!”
Wotja 23: Further Information
- Wotja 23 Info
- Wotja 23 User Guide
- Wotja 23 Tutorials
- Wotja 23 Downloads
- Wotja 23 Releases
- Wotja 23 Music Engine (WME)
- Wotja 23 Audio Engine (WAE)
- Wotja 23 Script Engine (WSE)
- Generative Music
- Reflective Music
- InMo Music
- Wotja Music
... END ...
About Intermorphic (press contact):
Intermorphic Ltd was co-founded in 2007 by Tim Cole and Pete Cole. It develops music creativity & relaxation ("creative relaxation") apps that use generative, text-to-music & cut-up techniques.
The Cole brothers ("the Coles") have a history in music software innovation: they co-founded SSEYO in 1990 and from then to 2001 they created and worked on the BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO Koan Interactivity Platform" which included the "Generative Music" engine used by Brian Eno for his seminal 1996 "Generative Music 1". SSEYO Koan software was available for Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and in a range of variants from Standalone to Audio Plugin to Web Browser Plugin.
Following Tao Group's acquisition of SSEYO in 2001, the Coles created the intent Sound System (iSS) and BAFTA Award-winning "SSEYO miniMIXA", one of the world's first mobile music mixers. In 2007 it released both "Noatikl: Generative Music Composer" (the evolution to SSEYO Koan) and "Liptikl: Cut-Up Text Writer". In Q2 2008 Intermorphic secured the IP rights to the iSS and SSEYO software and in December 2008 released "Mixtikl: Generative Music Mixer" followed in 2012 by "Tiklbox: Generative Music Player".
After many years of updates to the forgoing apps and after much deliberation on the next step forward for Generative Music, the Coles decided that it was "Reflective Music". And so in 2014 along came the first of the releases of the "Wotja®: Generative Music System", an all-in-one 'Creator Player Lab'. Ever since its first release, Wotja and its WME (Music), WAE (Audio), WSE (Script) and WTE (Text) engines have continued to be extended with many new features and improvements.
By 2017 the key authoring capabilities of Noatikl, Mixtikl and Liptikl had been fully consolidated into Wotja for iOS and macOS, including the playlisting of Tiklbox. February 2018 saw the first release of "Wotja X", a cross-platform UI variant that finally allowed Wotja to be available for all of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. By 2019 this had become the cornerstone of all further Wotja apps, including the Wotja interface for TV. In 2021 Wotja for iOS/macOS became a single App ID and an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in was added, as well as support for Apple silicon, and in 2022 support was added for AUv3/VST3 Plug-in Hosting and a Wotja VST3 Plug-in was created.
New additions for 2023 include a WAE Sampler Player Unit, mix-embedding of audio files, 2/4-pole Filter options, LFO Euclidian, more included Templates & content, Schemas, reworked UI and a new one-off purchase Wotja 23 'Pro' Unlock that finally allows Wotja 23 to be a single free app bundle per OS platform.
Intermorphic, Wotja, Intermorphic Music/Sound/Text/Script Engine, Wotja Pak, Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl, Partikl, Tiklbox, Tiklpak, Tikltech and their corresponding logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Intermorphic Ltd. in the UK and/or other countries. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are the sole property of their respective manufacturers.
WOTJA (Wordmark) registered trademark nos: EU 012329199, US 4702614.