23.6.0: May 29th 2023
Wotja 23.6.0 update (9th)
- IMPROVED (iOS): The Wotja AUv3 now works better in Logic Pro for iOS!
- FIXED: Issue in AUv3/VST3 where documents might not be listed when closing/opening projects.
- FIXED: Issue in AUv3/VST3 where host play/stop might stop working.
- FIXED: Rare crashes in AUv3/VST3 at Plug-in start-up and on start/stop.
- FIXED: Start/stop issue in AUv3/VST3 where stop in transport control didn't always update Wotja's play time status.
- FIXED (macOS): AUv3 MIDI Output > Virtual MIDI checkbox no longer defaults to On, which would cause hanging notes.
- IMPROVED: WAE Macro Oscillator 1 Unit now supports smooth modulation of pan/scale.
- IMPROVED: WAE Particle Unit 'Velocity' slider renamed to 'Pitch Velocity' (and removed 'Frequency' slider).
- FIXED: Very rare crash on opening an invalid document.
- CHANGED: User Schemas no longer show a dice badge.
- CHANGED: Removed version numbers from the tvOS app icons.
23.5.0/1: May 7th 2023
Wotja 23.5.0/1 update (8th)
- 23.5.1 (GP variant only): Added support for 32-bit devices.
- NEW: Template Editor for easy editing/saving/exporting of Template Files.
- IMPROVED: WAE Sample Player now uses the Mix Tempo when 'cooking' Templates.
- IMPROVED: WAE Sample Player when using a Template as Source Data now maps for any Text to Music Generator in the Template its Cut-Up Rule to the text in the Mix Text screen.
- IMPROVED: Wotja version number and current date are now displayed in the Version & Date panel at the top of the In-App Store screen.
- IMPROVED: Ordering of buttons in macOS alerts to reflect current macOS UI approach.
- IMPROVED: Allow Album WJURL import from clipboard even if there is some surrounding whitespace.
- IMPROVED: Added support for Album WJURL import in Lite mode (not just 'Pro' mode).
- IMPROVED: Documents 'Schemas' screen segment renamed to 'Flows' for clarity.
- CHANGED: Revised filetype extensions used for MIME-type based delivery of content (web file sharing) and added support for downloading of .SKT (Schema) web files.
- FIXED: TV Player for Android re-instated.
- FIXED: Bug in Schema where 'Text for Source #0' was not used correctly, e.g. in mix randomization or Flow.
- FIXED: A Template on clipboard would import as a Mix and not a Template.
- FIXED: Rare Android Accessibility crash.
- FIXED: Several other bugs.
23.4.1: Mar 24th 2023
Wotja 23.4.1 update (7th)
- FIXED: Crash when you selected the 'Try again' button in response to a 'Wotja Store Not Available' alert.
- FIXED (Desktop): Crash if you selected an invalid file in the File > Open menu.
- FIXED (Windows): Crash scanning some VST3 plug-ins.
- FIXED (macOS): Crash scanning some AUv3 plug-ins.
- CHANGED: Updated In-App User Guide.
- OTHER: Minor bug fixes.
23.4.0: Mar 16th 2023
Wotja 23.4.0 update (6th)
- NEW: Menu option (Android GP and AZ): 'Documents > Actions > Import to Documents/Wotja' to A) allow 'missing' Wotja files to be recovered via import from a temporary internal folder (to where you have previously copied them with e.g. the Android File Manager) allowing them to then display in Wotja Documents AND B) to make it easy to get Wotja files into your Android device (e.g. from Desktop).
- FIXED (Windows): A 'One Time Buy' purchase wasn't always restored (sorry, and BIG thanks from us to the customers who brought this to our attention); all you should need to do is to get/install the update, load Wotja and then your OTB purchase will be back again.
- CHANGED (Windows): The Wotja VST3 plugin is now called Wotja.vst3 so please delete the old Wotja23.vst3 and in your DAW projects where you use that, replace it with the new Wotja.vst3.
- OTHER: Minor bug fixes.
23.3.2: Mar 13th 2023
Wotja 23.3.2 update (5th)
- FIXED (Windows): Instability issues related to use of Wotja VST3 with Cubase 12.
- FIXED (Android AZ): Some Wotja Files were not visible in Wotja Documents when using Android 12+; resolved with a new user selectable Files and media App permissions option (and which can be turned on/off by a user at any time) for Wotja to 'Allow management of all files'.
- FIXED: Crash when adding a WAE Osc Unit in the WAE Editor UI.
- FIXED (Windows): Rare crash when using File > Open dialog.
- FIXED: Colour displayed for Compressor unit.
- FIXED: Crash when launching a game item from Flow Player Action menu.
- FIXED: Rare crash on app start-up.
- FIXED: Rare crash on Plug-in start-up.
- IMPROVED: location of Game close button and 'Score' text when in full screen mode.
- CHANGED (Windows): The Wotja App Bundle is now x64 only (i.e. it no longer include an ARM64 variant) which lets it work with x64 VST3 like other x64 DAWs on ARM64 (i.e. via auto-translation); we may revisit this when there are more ARM64 VST3.
23.3.1: Mar 5th 2023
Wotja 23.3.1 update (4th)
- IMPROVED: Document icon scanning performance on app start-up.
- FIXED: In-App Store user interface responsiveness.
23.3.0: Mar 1st 2023
Wotja 23.3.0 update (3rd)
- IMPROVED: Wotja In-App Store terminology and layout have been modified/simplified to greatly improve clarity:
- One Time Buy (OTB) now used instead of Permanent Unlock (PUN) and Tip Jar Tip (TJT) now used instead of Tip Jar (TJ); *there is no change in functionality*.
- Store text reworded and a 'Store Notes' panel (for general store information) added below the IAP items.
- Top text panel now shows In-App Purchases that have been made and that are active.
- Order of Rate/Review and Why Tip? buttons has been swapped; new icon for Rate/Review button.
- TJT T4/5 IAP items removed to simplify the Store UI.
- OTB 'Purchased!' and SUB 'Subscribed!' displayed in blue for extra clarity.
- IAP badges updated.
- FIXED (Android / Windows): OTB Pro All badge was incorrectly used for OTB Play All IAP.
- IMPROVED (macOS): Pop-up menus now show the title text in grey to make it clear it is not a menu item.
- CHANGED: Settings screen no longer shows the build number in the title bar (use Settings Info button for that).
- CHANGED: Built-in User Guide updated.
23.2.0: Feb 14th 2023
Wotja 23.2.0 update (2nd)
- NEW: 'Featuregrade' Business Model meaning that Wotja will now get rolling updates instead of (as planned at W23 launch) being removed from sale at the end of the year to be replaced with the next major version.
- NEW: Two 'Play' Feature Set (FS) options in the In-App Store - '23 Play All (One Time Buy)' and 'Play All (Subscription)' - for those who just want to use Wotja as a player of relaxing ambient generative music.
- NEW: Tip Jar Tip (TJT) T1 now unlocks 'Play' mode and TJT T2-T3 continue to unlock 'Pro' mode as before.
- NEW: Document > Delete alert "Are you sure?".
- NEW: 'Reset Settings' option at the bottom of Settings > General to allow all Wotja-related settings to be set to defaults.
- IMPROVED: Simple and clear acronyms - One Time Buy (OTB), Subscription (SUB) and Tip Jar Tip (TJT) - used consistently in the in-app store and docs.
- IMPROVED: Wotja icon again uses the blue/green gradient (showing version) and the app name no longer includes the version number.
- IMPROVED: Increased to 10 minutes the 'Lite' Feature Set (FS) play time in Flow Player and Album Player.
- IMPROVED: Removed file locks on all Schemas and Albums in 'Lite' Feature Set (FS) so that any can be played (but not edited).
- IMPROVED: Schemas and Albums now allow Filter and Sort in 'Lite' Feature Set (FS).
- IMPROVED: Albums can now be imported from Clipboard in 'Lite' Feature Set (FS).
- FIXED: IAP settings were not being retained after restarting Wotja, important if it was being used off-line.
- FIXED (tvOS): Restore of IAP purchases.
- FIXED (tvOS): Use of Play/Pause button on the Apple TV remote control to stop/start Wotja playing.
- FIXED (tvOS): If you select a Schema the Schema selector stays open to make it easy to select a different one.
- FIXED (Windows/Apple): Plug-ins now longer show a 'restore IAP' button at top right; use the button in the main App.
- FIXED (AZ): The '+' button in mixes showed the 'name file' alert, but nothing happened after OK was pressed.
- FIXED (GP): IAP purchases of TJ (Tip Jar) items can now be repeated if you want.
- CHANGED: 'Lite+' mode now removed as 'Lite' mode is itself now simpler, better and more powerful.
- REMOVED: Removed Settings > General > 'Display Language' as only EN strings are now included.
23.1.0: Jan 20th 2023
Wotja 23.1.0 update (1st)
- NEW: W23 'Pro' (Mobile) Unlock IAP option in the Wotja In-App Store for those wishing to use Wotja 23 on iOS/iPadOS ONLY.
- FIXED (macOS/iOS): 'Listening' generators now work again in the AU3 Plug-in.
- FIXED (Windows): 'Listening' generators now work again in the VST3 Plug-in.
- FIXED (macOS): When the AU3 Plug-in window was open and a new document was created (e.g. Mix), it could look like the AU3 Plug-in has hung; it hadn't, but the alert asking for a document name was behind the AU3 Plug-in window.
- FIXED: If an underlying Template used by a Cell had gone missing that Cell was blank, even if there was custom data in that Cell.
- FIXED (macOS): Sped-up the macOS TTS speech rate (macOS 13+ required) to match that in iOS.
- FIXED: Display of file sizes in Mix Record tab.
- FIXED: Rare crash using RHS menu button in Documents list.
- FIXED: Rare crash on App shutdown.
- FIXED: Rare crash on AU3 Plug-in shutdown.
- FIXED: Rare crash where Scale rule index could go out of range in the composition engine.
- FIXED (iOS): Crash accessing clipboard data if user rejected the alert to access clipboard data.
- FIXED: Some _very_ old content could have an invalid filter type in the FX network data, resulting in a Filter that had no effect; it is now treated as a standard Low Pass.
- FIXED: Parsing of (very) old format Noatikl file data (V1 Noatikl XML format).
- IMPROVED (macOS): We now use a standard macOS single-line text entry alert where possible.
- IMPROVED: We no longer append the date/time to recording file names.
- IMPROVED: Updated Wotja file icon in Documents screens.
- IMPROVED: Updated User Guide.
- OTHER: Various other minor fixes/improvements.
23.0.2: Jan 1st 2023
Wotja 23 - initial release
- NEW: WAE Sample Player Unit: New modulatable & polyphonic Tone Generator (TG) unit that plays Ogg and (generative) Template file data (Templates are "cooked" in memory to audio before use); it has support for (MIDI & Controller) pitch shifting, direction reverse and several loop/play modes as well as an optional built-in envelope.
- NEW: WAE Filter Unit: New improved Filter Type options, 2-pole and 4-pole.
- NEW: WAE LFO Unit: New Euclidian LFO Type: Euclidian for modulation with euclidian patterns.
- NEW: WAE R2XL FX Unit: 10 new 'go to' ABC Reverb Presets (also included as ABC Reverb FX Presets).
- NEW: Mix files: Sample Player source data (loaded via the WAE Sample Player Unit) can be saved to the mix file for sharing of completely self contained and unique-sounding mixes.
- NEW: Schemas (formerly called Randomization Presets): Now edited in the Schema Editor, accessed from Schemas screen > Schema Actions Button.
- NEW: Documents Screen: Schemas screen where non-included Schemas have thumbnails generated from colours in the Schema.
- NEW: Documents Screen: New Recordings Screen to make it easy to find/play your Wotja folder (saved) recordings.
- NEW: Documents Screen: New List view and faster loading of mix files.
- NEW: Add File: You can now edit the file name before saving a newly created file.
- NEW: Music Mode: Much improved and simplified Cell layout with badges and thumbnails, Track Mute/Solo highlighting, and new options to display a specific column in the Grid button menu.
- NEW: Music Mode: New "One Tap Trigger" Track Play Type for quick/easy playing of a cell and live performance.
- NEW: Music Mode: Template browser now supports Cell referencing of Audio (WAV, Ogg) and MIDI files directly from the Wotja Folder (they no longer have to be in Paks [zip files]).
- NEW: Recording: New auto and manual Ogg encoding (export a .WAV file to an .Ogg file for use in WAE Sample Player Unit).
- NEW: Included SF2: New "UK Woodland Birds" with many awesome samples for use in the WAE Wavetable unit.
- NEW: Included Templates: New "WJ23 Drones", "WJ23 Basses", "WJ23 Classic Polysynth", "WJ23 Environments" and "Sample Player Resources" Paks which include many awesome Templates and Ogg samples.
- NEW: Schemas: Two new settings Environment Cells and Drone Cells settings to control how many Cells are populated with the related Templates.
- NEW: Included Schemas: New "Environments 1" and "Drones 2" (subject to change).
- CHANGED: Filetype extensions: Changed to be
.wotja_sy (Synth Preset) and
.wotja_fx (FX Preset).
- CHANGED: Rationalised App Range: We've moved to just one Wotja 23 App (Bundle) per year per OS platform; for those that want it, a new 'Pro' Unlock option is the functional equivalent of getting a paid-for Pro variant in previous years.
- OTHER: "V23 Play me!" mix: Shows some of the new templates and capabilities in action.
- MORE: Many other improvements, performance improvements and bug fixes.